White Crane Online was founded by Mark Stevenson who has been practising martial arts for almost 20 years and teaching for a decade. Mark runs a successful UK based Chinese martial arts club, White Crane Academy.
The idea behind White Crane Online is to make White Crane tai chi accessible to a global audience – and to create a large community of people who can share the benefits of this tremendous art.
Mark is passionate about keeping the heart and soul of an ancient tradition alive, ensuring that more people can experience tai chi’s transformative effects on their mobility, balance, flexibility and mental health.
Often referred to as ‘meditation in motion’, tai chi is perfectly placed to relieve stress and anxiety caused by the busyness of modern life. It’s something that most of us need! The tai chi form taught at White Crane Online includes 66 postures, gently transitioning from one to the next. These fluid movements, while focusing on the breath, help you to practice mindfulness.
Signing up with WCO will give users access to hours of free video tuition, with extra support offered through our Facebook group. This is an excellent way to begin your tai chi journey and start reaping the health benefits of bringing this practice into your life.
Subscribers will have access to all the free material including exclusive access to monthly videos that help you to practice and perfect all 66 moves of the White Crane Tai Chi form and the 18 move Shibashi qigong form. Additionally, you will be invited to join a closed Facebook group, where exclusive content will be regularly uploaded – and where you are free to ask questions, as well as posting your own videos for instructors and senior students to check.
Health benefits of joining White Crane Online & practising tai chi regularly:
- Meditation for those who can’t sit still
- Pain relief of many conditions – e.g. rheumatoid arthritis
- Improved balance (less falls among elderly practicing tai chi)
- Stretches and strengthens, promoting flexibility and mobility
- Low impact, so suitable for all ages and abilities
- Repeating and memorizing moves boosts the brain
- Exercise anytime, anywhere, no special equipment needed
- Feel a sense of community through the White Crane Online Facebook group
- Enjoy a martial art that is steeped in ancient culture
- Feel more active, more mentally engaged and less stressed
“Practising tai chi has benefited me so much in every area of my life. It is my duty (as well as an absolute pleasure) to pass this on to as many people as I can, so the world can share those benefits.” Mark Stevenson, Tai Chi Instructor & co-founder of White Crane Online